Hyve offers SFTP over standard FTP to provide a secure file sharing solution for businesses. SFTP ensures the safe transfer of files by encrypting valuable data and commands.
Our SFTP solutions use high AES 256 bit data encryption with public key advanced authentication for file access. The authentication involves computer-generated ‘keys’ – both ‘private’ (known to you) and ‘public’ (accessed by anyone), which work alongside each other so that a message is encrypted with the private key and can only be decrypted with the public key, and vice versa.
As well as needing the correct username and password, public-key authentication requires the user to connect using the specific computer that the private key is installed on.
No file limits
With our SFTP plans there aren’t any file size limits, share limits or bandwidth charges, so it provides the ideal solution for businesses that make regular transfers. The file transfers can be made via a web browser, client software and script components, providing a degree of flexibility.
As SFTP is more advanced than FTP, transfers can be managed through logging, tracking and running scans on files. There are an endless set of user access rights such as upload, download, delete and overwrite, which enables complete control and access of file transfers.
With a dedicated IP address, users have a personalised domain to connect to their SFTP solution, adding an additional layer of security.
Find out more about our SFTP service by contacting our sales team today on 0800 612 2524.
- Is it about time the insurance sector embraced the cloud?
- The importance of ISO 27001
- Cloud Security: An Essential Guide
- On premise vs. the cloud: What is the future for the financial sector?
- Is your hosting provider solving your big data problems?
- Is the Middle East cloud market set for rapid growth?
- Hyve Managed Hosting is named by The Sunday Times as one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK
- Can the cloud lead the way on tackling climate change?
- Jon Lucas of Hyve Managed Hosting: 5 Things You Need To Know To Create a Successful App or SaaS
- Is managed private cloud the future?
- World Backup Day 2021
- What is Private Cloud?
- Reshaping the future of remote work
- Why accreditations matter when choosing a hosting provider
- 3 reasons to consider the location of your data
- Is London the new Silicon Valley?
- What is HPC and who uses it?