As all the normal rules for business no longer stand in light of the recent Coronavirus outbreak, working remotely has become a lifeline for UK companies.
So how can users securely access their work files and data from their home PCs whilst they are not in the office?
What is Desktop as a Service?
Desktop as a Service (DaaS) enables users to access their files, data and applications from any device, anywhere in the world.
Users can connect to their office PC remotely in a simple and secure way and interact with their workplace PC as if they were using it locally. DaaS solutions are charged on a monthly basis for the number of virtual desktops that are required.
Hyve’s Desktop as a Service solution
With increasing numbers of people trying to access their office PCs during the working day, connecting to a remote solution through a normal office network could cause performance problems. As office networks are not designed for hundreds of users trying to connect from outside, the network wouldn’t be able to cope with the number of connections and could fail under the pressure.
Hyve’s Desktop as a Service solution provides users with a cloud-hosted virtual desktop, where all systems are hosted on a high-performance cloud platform in a secure data centre, instead of running it from the office location.
With DaaS, the office server is essentially moved into Hyve’s cloud infrastructure, providing far better performance, flexibility and security. Users connect to the solution from their home with every user having an individual network in the cloud.
All office services such as email, Microsoft Office programs, CRMs and any applications required to run a business are accessible from each virtual desktop.
There are heightened security features with DaaS due to the fact that files and data aren’t stored physically in one location, as they are stored as an image on the server. It is also possible to roll back desktops to previous points, which is an invaluable backup feature.
"Desktop as a Service is the ideal solution for any business that needs to organise its workforce remotely. Knowing that users don't have to rely on the office network really is a plus when navigating these unprecedented times. Hyve's solution runs from our UK data centres, and is supported by our team of expert engineers, giving peace of mind that businesses will be able to operate as normal." Neville Louzado, Head of Sales at Hyve Managed Hosting.
Could your business benefit from using DaaS? Get in touch with our sales team on 0800 612 2524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More articles in Remote Working
- Is it about time the insurance sector embraced the cloud?
- The importance of ISO 27001
- Cloud Security: An Essential Guide
- On premise vs. the cloud: What is the future for the financial sector?
- Is your hosting provider solving your big data problems?
- Is the Middle East cloud market set for rapid growth?
- Hyve Managed Hosting is named by The Sunday Times as one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK
- Can the cloud lead the way on tackling climate change?
- Jon Lucas of Hyve Managed Hosting: 5 Things You Need To Know To Create a Successful App or SaaS
- Is managed private cloud the future?
- World Backup Day 2021
- What is Private Cloud?
- Reshaping the future of remote work
- Why accreditations matter when choosing a hosting provider
- 3 reasons to consider the location of your data
- Is London the new Silicon Valley?
- What is HPC and who uses it?