We have recently been recertified in three of our ISO accreditations, which along with our other security and business certifications, is a testament to our high levels of information security. We are pleased to announce that we are now UKAS certified for ISO 27001.
What is ISO?
The International Organisation for Standardization (ISO) is a non-profit organization that develops International Standards. International Standards are documents which outline the benchmark for quality management and organisation in the workplace. Whilst some International Standards are industry-specific, many are generic and can be implemented by any type of business.
Hyve’s ISO Accreditations
- ISO 27001 (UKAS accredited) – ISO 27001 is a specification that helps businesses to manage the security of the information that they store. Information and data is a vital asset to the majority of businesses worldwide, so information security is more important than ever. We are pleased to now be accredited with the ISO 27001 by UKAS, the UK’s National Accreditation Body. UKAS is responsible for determining the technical competence and integrity of organisations.
- ISO 9001 (reaccredited) – ISO 9001 is the International Standard for quality management within your business. This is a generic International Standard which can be adopted by all businesses in any industry of any size. ISO 9001 is based on a number of principles including focusing on customers, involving all people that affect your business, doing things systematically, and continuously striving to improve the company. It aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system.
- ISO 27017 (reaccredited) – ISO 27017 provides a code of practice and enhanced controls for cloud service providers and cloud service customers. It dictates the company’s roles and responsibilities to ensure the cloud services provided are as safe and secure as the rest of the data included in a certified management system. By being ISO 21017 accredited, we demonstrate our commitment to the importance of the protection of data.
"Hyve made the decision to upgrade our ISO 27001 certification to a UKAS auditor to benefit our customers. Our continuous commitment to security and the protection of our customer's data is vital to the ongoing success of the business." – Graham Marcroft, Operations Director, Hyve Managed Hosting
More articles in Hyve News
- Is it about time the insurance sector embraced the cloud?
- The importance of ISO 27001
- Cloud Security: An Essential Guide
- On premise vs. the cloud: What is the future for the financial sector?
- Is your hosting provider solving your big data problems?
- Is the Middle East cloud market set for rapid growth?
- Hyve Managed Hosting is named by The Sunday Times as one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK
- Can the cloud lead the way on tackling climate change?
- Jon Lucas of Hyve Managed Hosting: 5 Things You Need To Know To Create a Successful App or SaaS
- Is managed private cloud the future?
- World Backup Day 2021
- What is Private Cloud?
- Reshaping the future of remote work
- Why accreditations matter when choosing a hosting provider
- 3 reasons to consider the location of your data
- Is London the new Silicon Valley?
- What is HPC and who uses it?