We have recently been recertified in three of our ISO accreditations, which along with our other security and business certifications, is a testament to our high levels of information security. We are pleased to announce that we are now UKAS certified for ISO 27001.
What is ISO?
The International Organisation for Standardization (ISO) is a non-profit organization that develops International Standards. International Standards are documents which outline the benchmark for quality management and organisation in the workplace. Whilst some International Standards are industry-specific, many are generic and can be implemented by any type of business.
Hyve’s ISO Accreditations
- ISO 27001 (UKAS accredited) – ISO 27001 is a specification that helps businesses to manage the security of the information that they store. Information and data is a vital asset to the majority of businesses worldwide, so information security is more important than ever. We are pleased to now be accredited with the ISO 27001 by UKAS, the UK’s National Accreditation Body. UKAS is responsible for determining the technical competence and integrity of organisations.
- ISO 9001 (reaccredited) – ISO 9001 is the International Standard for quality management within your business. This is a generic International Standard which can be adopted by all businesses in any industry of any size. ISO 9001 is based on a number of principles including focusing on customers, involving all people that affect your business, doing things systematically, and continuously striving to improve the company. It aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system.
- ISO 27017 (reaccredited) – ISO 27017 provides a code of practice and enhanced controls for cloud service providers and cloud service customers. It dictates the company’s roles and responsibilities to ensure the cloud services provided are as safe and secure as the rest of the data included in a certified management system. By being ISO 21017 accredited, we demonstrate our commitment to the importance of the protection of data.
"Hyve made the decision to upgrade our ISO 27001 certification to a UKAS auditor to benefit our customers. Our continuous commitment to security and the protection of our customer's data is vital to the ongoing success of the business." – Graham Marcroft, Operations Director, Hyve Managed Hosting
More articles in News
- What is Hybrid Cloud?
- Why the healthcare sector is embracing hybrid cloud
- How can businesses use the cloud to reduce their carbon emissions?
- 3 public sector cybersecurity threats – and how to prevent them
- Why digital agencies need a managed hosting provider
- 5 ways the cloud saved education during the pandemic
- Hyve Managed Hosting wins “Company of the Year” at the Brighton and Hove Business Awards
- Is it about time the insurance sector embraced the cloud?
- The importance of ISO 27001
- Cloud Security: An Essential Guide
- On premise vs. the cloud: What is the future for the financial sector?
- Is your hosting provider solving your big data problems?