Due to Hyve’s recent expansion to the USA, our compliance and technical teams have been configuring systems and preparing policies for our latest security accreditations. Hyve US will offer the same secure, standards compliant service to US customers.
We have recently become HIPAA compliant, meaning that we can offer hosting services to US healthcare organisations, meeting stringent standards for storing and transmitting Protected Health Information (PHI). We align with HIPAA’s risk management program with our ISO 27001 (Information Security) accreditation, ISO 27017 (Cloud Security), adherence to GDPR (EU 2016/679) and Cyber Essentials.
Our Compliance Team are also working towards SOC2 compliance, which ensures that service providers securely manage data and report on organisational controls related to security, availability, integrity, confidentiality and privacy of data.
“Security is the cornerstone of every business operation and project carried out at Hyve. We pride ourselves in providing the highest standards of security and compliance in our UK operations, so naturally we want to replicate this for Hyve US customers. Our HIPAA compliance, along with our other security certifications, are essential in providing a world class managed hosting service and will allow us to tap into a huge market in the US” - Graham Marcroft, Compliance Officer at Hyve Managed Hosting.
In the UK we also have Cyber Essentials and the NIS Directive to add to our expanding list of security accreditations. Cyber Essentials is a certification that reassures customers that Hyve has a secure infrastructure and we are proactively working to protect customers against any cyber security threats.
As a hosting platform for some of the UK’s essential infrastructure, Hyve is adhering to the new NIS (Network and Information Security) Directive. This directive has been put in place by the NCSC (part of GCHQ) to ensure critical infrastructure within the UK is prepared against cyber attacks from any foreign powers or groups.
As ever, in the UK we’re committed to maintaining high levels of compliance across all areas of the company by being: a G-Cloud 10 supplier, PCI DSS compliant, ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and ISO27017 certified, and part of the Cloud Security Alliance STAR program.
More articles in Blog
- What is Hybrid Cloud?
- Why the healthcare sector is embracing hybrid cloud
- How can businesses use the cloud to reduce their carbon emissions?
- 3 public sector cybersecurity threats – and how to prevent them
- Why digital agencies need a managed hosting provider
- 5 ways the cloud saved education during the pandemic
- Hyve Managed Hosting wins “Company of the Year” at the Brighton and Hove Business Awards
- Is it about time the insurance sector embraced the cloud?
- The importance of ISO 27001
- Cloud Security: An Essential Guide
- On premise vs. the cloud: What is the future for the financial sector?
- Is your hosting provider solving your big data problems?