Hyve is 100% carbon neutral
Hyve are 100% carbon neutral. We take various green initiatives to ensure that we are making a positive contribution to the environment. We reduce as much of our energy output as possible, and offset anything that we can’t reduce via a tree planting scheme.
Cloud hosting is known for being very energy-intensive, with high consumption of power across data centres. The cloud industry is booming, but at what cost to the environment?
At Hyve we reduce as much of our energy output as possible and offset anything that we can’t reduce via a tree planting scheme. We follow green initiatives, partnering with some of the UK’s leading carbon reduction and offsetting organisations to become carbon neutral.
Reducing our carbon footprint
Whilst we reduce as much energy as we can, a lot of it still omits unavoidable carbon dioxide.
Carbon offsetting is a process where the equivalent amount of CO2 is released by various methods. Hyve has participated in the tree planting scheme, which is the most natural way to take carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere and release oxygen. This venture is a positive and long-lasting contribution to reducing our carbon footprint.
We also use specifically engineered hardware including power-efficient memory and hard drives to reduce data centre energy consumption at Global Switch 2, which is our main data centre. Our cloud hosting platform has blade servers that share 6 power supplies, meaning that only 6 power supply units are required for 16 servers. Due to the size of each blade enclosure, there are cooling benefits even with a huge reduction in rack space.
Find out more about how you can reduce your business’s carbon footprint by getting in touch with our sales team today on 0800 612 2524.
More articles in General
- Is it about time the insurance sector embraced the cloud?
- The importance of ISO 27001
- Cloud Security: An Essential Guide
- On premise vs. the cloud: What is the future for the financial sector?
- Is your hosting provider solving your big data problems?
- Is the Middle East cloud market set for rapid growth?
- Hyve Managed Hosting is named by The Sunday Times as one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK
- Can the cloud lead the way on tackling climate change?
- Jon Lucas of Hyve Managed Hosting: 5 Things You Need To Know To Create a Successful App or SaaS
- Is managed private cloud the future?
- World Backup Day 2021
- What is Private Cloud?
- Reshaping the future of remote work
- Why accreditations matter when choosing a hosting provider
- 3 reasons to consider the location of your data
- Is London the new Silicon Valley?
- What is HPC and who uses it?