From the start
We’ve been celebrating Hyve’s birthday this week! In 2012 Hyve’s co-directors set up the first Hyve offices based in Crawley, Sussex and started growing different departments within the team.
When Hyve was formed, the co-founders saw a gap in the market for a hosting provider that invested in quality hardware, as well as providing management and dedicated customer service.
Moving to Brighton
After a few successful years in Crawley, Hyve moved to Brighton in 2015. Now a multi-million pound business, Hyve operates globally with employees spread across the UK and internationally, with HQ’s in Brighton, UK and California, USA.
Now the company is growing faster than ever. Hyve were winners of the coveted ‘Cloud Company of the Year’ in 2018 at the SVC Awards and celebrated a record-breaking year in 2018 by increasing the global revenue by more than 50% to close to £9 million.
Over the years Hyve has hosted a range of customers including British Airways, Tesco, the NHS, Southampton FC, Carluccio’s, TKMaxx, Safestore and LG.
There are numerous projects in the pipeline, one of which is the expansion of Hyve’s strategic partner’s global data centre offerings. Hyve will be offering cloud services in a further 12 data centre locations by the end of 2019, bringing the total to 47 locations around the world.
More articles in News
- What is Hybrid Cloud?
- Why the healthcare sector is embracing hybrid cloud
- How can businesses use the cloud to reduce their carbon emissions?
- 3 public sector cybersecurity threats – and how to prevent them
- Why digital agencies need a managed hosting provider
- 5 ways the cloud saved education during the pandemic
- Hyve Managed Hosting wins “Company of the Year” at the Brighton and Hove Business Awards
- Is it about time the insurance sector embraced the cloud?
- The importance of ISO 27001
- Cloud Security: An Essential Guide
- On premise vs. the cloud: What is the future for the financial sector?
- Is your hosting provider solving your big data problems?