Assuming you’re sensible enough not to be fighting your fellow man in an actual shop to get a cheap telly and you’re doing your shopping online this year, it’s always worth reminding people about the basic things. If you know all about it, then send this to a friend who is, well, “security challenged”.
1) Don’t click on links in emails where you are not sure who the sender is. There are lots of phishing attacks this time of year.
2) Don’t download attachments unless you’re 100% sure it’s legitimate.
3) Never share your passwords or PINs with anyone. We recommend using a password manager like 1password or LastPass.
4) Don’t use a public computer to shop online if you can possibly help it. You don’t want records of your card details cached on a public computer.
5) Always log out of your account when you’re finished shopping – or banking – online
6) Remember, if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.