DDoS Defense System (DDS)
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are weapons of mass disruption. Unlike access attacks that penetrate security perimeters to steal information, DDoS attacks paralyse Internet systems by swamping servers, network links and network devices (routers, firewalls, etc.) with bogus traffic.
DDoS is emerging as the weapon of choice for hackers, political “hacktivists” and international cyber-terrorists. Easily launched against limited defences, DDoS attacks not only target individual Web sites or other servers at the edge of the network – they subdue the network itself. Attacks have begun to explicitly target the network infrastructure, such as aggregation or core routers, or DNS servers in a provider’s network. In October 2002, a harbinger of future large-scale attacks was a crude DDoS attack that affected eight of the 13 root Domain Name Service (DNS) servers – critical systems serving as the roadmap for virtually all Internet communications.
Growing dependence on the Internet makes the impact of successful DDoS attacks – financial and otherwise – increasingly painful for service providers, enterprises and government agencies. Newer, more powerful DDoS tools promise to unleash even more destructive attacks in the months and years to come.
The Solution: DDS Services from Hyve
Hyve delivers a complete DDoS protection solution based on the principles of detection, diversion, verification and forwarding to ensure total protection. When a DDoS attack is launched against a victim protected by the solution, business continuity is maintained by:
- Detecting the DDoS attack
- Diverting the data traffic destined for the target device to a Riverhead appliance for treatment
- Analysing and filtering the bad data packets from the good data packets, preventing malicious traffic from impacting performance while allowing legitimate transactions to complete
- Forwarding the good traffic to maintain business continuity
Hyve DDS Features & Benefits
DDS from Hyve is an in-line security appliance that inspects network traffic, identifying floods and large numbers of connections and blocking them. The inspection performed by the DDS is performed in real time.
- Detects and mitigates both traditional network-layer DDoS attacks and more advanced application-layer attacks, Specially crafted exploits and SYN floods
- Leverages patented DDoS Defence algorithms and extensive rate-based protection mechanisms to block all forms of DDoS attack
- Protects against billions of spam messages and requests to servers which can be used for crippling distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- Protects your network, allowing legitimate communications to pass without delay
- Enables business continuity and availability
- Ensures your organization’s investment in IT infrastructure
- Through ReputationWatch, provides automated real-time defence against identified DDoS attack sources
- With geo-location technology, enables enforcement of security policy based on national origin of IP addresses
- Provides lowest latency and high throughput, even while under attack ensuring your websites availability
- Protects against high bandwidth bills caused by attacks instead of genuine traffic
- Protects against outbound attacks, often caused by viruses and malicious software on your own server
If you would like more information regarding our enterprise cloud hosting solutions, please complete our contact form or call us directly on 0800 612 2524.
“Customer service is great – Always feel appreciated as a client, and response times are excellent.”
“Site downtime could make us look unreliable to our customers. Hyve went above and beyond the call of duty to help us set up, one weekend we booked in migration on a Sunday, and we got everything sorted so that no-one saw any drop in e-mail or the site, and it all went over seamlessly.”
“Hyve have provided timely, professional support accompanied by clear progress updates at every stage.”
“The most important element is the fact you soon get to know the team behind the support. They inspire confidence in their abilities and knowledge of the systems they support.”
“British Airways global audience means that traffic spikes can occur at any time of the day or night. Hyve's cloud platform, combined with their always available support mean that we can sleep...”
“A very friendly and highly technical team available to extend all possible help at any time. Excellent services - all issues are dealt with appropriate priority and resolved asap. I am particularly impressed by...”
“The scalability of the cloud platform allows us to cope with high spontaneous levels of demand, and we know there are always Hyve staff available to help us handle the largest influx of traffic.”
“We're extremely happy with the service Hyve provide to us. In particular, we are incredibly impressed by the professionalism, expertise, and consistently rapid response of the support team.”
“It's reassuring to know that Hyve will take care of everything server-side so we can focus on doing what we do, building the website.”
“We've been using Hyve for over a year now for a wide range of websites, all with different requirements and issues, and we've always found Hyve amazingly fast to respond, incredibly helpful, proactive...”
“My experiences with Hyve have been very good. The response time is quick so you don't spend your time on a telephone waiting. The staff are always very efficient. Thank you all for your help and patience.”
“Since moving our servers to the Hyve infrastructure I have nothing but good things to say about the levels of service received. I find the support I receive to be of excellent quality and very timely...”
“The sales and customer service support provided by Hyve is some of the best I have seen. Support tickets are responded to swiftly. Both our FTP and SFTP services have experienced 100% uptime over the last 2 years which is very impressive. Hyve provides tremendous value for money.”