Data is a critical asset. Data that is not properly managed & secured becomes a liability. Protecting your data protects your business.
Hyve offer the following data encryption.
The benefits of Data Encryption are:
Clearly defined security policies
Define what information needs to be protected, who has access to this information, when and how it should be accessed, and from what machines and/or applications it can be accessed. This includes the capability to restrict view access of sensitive data from both security and database administrators.
Encryption key management
Provides the capability to centralise all key management tasks on a single platform and effectively automate key management administration, including an automated and secure mechanism for key rotation, replication, and backup.
Monitor and report on policy
Tamper proof auditing tracks all authorised and unauthorised attempts to access protected data as well as any changes to security policies. It even tracks activities of the database administrator (DBA) with respect to sensitive data, and provides a complete audit report of all these activities. All log records are encrypted and protected.
- Data protection through selective & highly secure, column-level encryption
- Strong key management centralises all key management tasks
- Separation of duties between security administration & database administration
- Robust audit & reporting to provide insight & integrity
- Application transparency designed to be implemented with no changes to existing applications
- High performance, scalability and easy deployment
- Support for all major relational databases, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and IBM DB2. Available on industry standard UNIX, and Windows environments, as well as IBM iSeries and zSeries environments.
Native SQL Server backups are essentially a dump of data stored in SQL Server files. This is an inefficient and insecure way of storing backup data, as it is stored unencrypted, unprotected, and uncompressed.
Creating compressed and encrypted backups of your SQL Server databases, allows you to make smaller, safer, faster database backups. Encrypting the backup file means that only people with the designated password can access that backup file, making it much less vulnerable.
SQL Backup runs on the server hosting your SQL Server databases and uses the SQL Server Virtual Device Interface (VDI). It will compress and encrypt data as it is being backed up. SQL Backup uses 256-bit AES (Rijndael) encryption to secure your backup files from unauthorised access.
Specific features include:
- Up to three levels of compression, with a compression analyser facility, so you know best whether to optimise for speed or for size.
- 256-bit encryption to ensure your backups are secure.
- User-friendly GUI to guide you through the backup and restore processes, as well as setting up scheduled jobs and log shipping.
- Interactive Timeline Monitoring for easy visualization and greater control over past, present, and future activities.
- Command-line interface for users who want total control of SQL Backup.
- Extended stored procedure interface, allowing you to run SQL Backup remotely via your favourite database connectivity tool.
- Split backups, enabling you to take advantage of multi-CPU and high-speed disk array systems to speed up the backup and restore process even further.
- Mirrored backups allow for creation of two or more backup files simultaneously to different disks, to minimise the probability of media errors.
- Multiple threads in the SQL Backup engine to optimise backup performance.
- Log shipping wizard, making log shipping easier
- Support for SQL Server 2000 and 2005 databases
Strong file security and regular audits support compliance with industry regulations and government legislation. File encryption helps enterprises who must comply with the PCI standards to secure sensitive customer information such as credit card numbers. This type of encryption also assists enterprises who must comply with government standards including US state privacy laws, Sarbanes-Oxley, Canada’s PIPEDA, and the European Privacy Directive. The file-level encryption and auditing features of VPDisk enable enterprises to achieve their business objectives while still meeting their customers’ privacy expectations, keeping their customers’ trust, and complying with industry and government standards.
Support for Industry Best Practices
Encrypting your files supports industry best practices for hardening your critical data and protecting it against attack. It protects executables from infection by worms/viruses, encrypts sensitive information contained in log files, and secure databases by encrypting the underlying database files. Clients utilizing this solution can encrypt pages, images, and scripts to protect web sites from the threat of defacement. Security Administrators may optionally group sensitive files into secure folders, freeing themselves from managing the individual files.
- Industry-standard encryption for structured and unstructured data
- Transparent to application programs
- Separation of duties between security administration & system administration
- File and protocol agnostic for NAS & SAN storage
- Minimises deployment costs, complexity, and risk
- Flexible, customizable alert and reporting formats for analysis and compliance requirements
If you would like more information regarding our enterprise cloud hosting solutions, please complete our contact form or call us directly on 0800 612 2524.
“Customer service is great – Always feel appreciated as a client, and response times are excellent.”
“Site downtime could make us look unreliable to our customers. Hyve went above and beyond the call of duty to help us set up, one weekend we booked in migration on a Sunday, and we got everything sorted so that no-one saw any drop in e-mail or the site, and it all went over seamlessly.”
“Hyve have provided timely, professional support accompanied by clear progress updates at every stage.”
“The most important element is the fact you soon get to know the team behind the support. They inspire confidence in their abilities and knowledge of the systems they support.”
“British Airways global audience means that traffic spikes can occur at any time of the day or night. Hyve's cloud platform, combined with their always available support mean that we can sleep...”
“A very friendly and highly technical team available to extend all possible help at any time. Excellent services - all issues are dealt with appropriate priority and resolved asap. I am particularly impressed by...”
“The scalability of the cloud platform allows us to cope with high spontaneous levels of demand, and we know there are always Hyve staff available to help us handle the largest influx of traffic.”
“We're extremely happy with the service Hyve provide to us. In particular, we are incredibly impressed by the professionalism, expertise, and consistently rapid response of the support team.”
“It's reassuring to know that Hyve will take care of everything server-side so we can focus on doing what we do, building the website.”
“We've been using Hyve for over a year now for a wide range of websites, all with different requirements and issues, and we've always found Hyve amazingly fast to respond, incredibly helpful, proactive...”
“My experiences with Hyve have been very good. The response time is quick so you don't spend your time on a telephone waiting. The staff are always very efficient. Thank you all for your help and patience.”
“Since moving our servers to the Hyve infrastructure I have nothing but good things to say about the levels of service received. I find the support I receive to be of excellent quality and very timely...”
“The sales and customer service support provided by Hyve is some of the best I have seen. Support tickets are responded to swiftly. Both our FTP and SFTP services have experienced 100% uptime over the last 2 years which is very impressive. Hyve provides tremendous value for money.”