Premium Secure FTP Features
Secure transfer of data using FTPS, SFTP & HTTPS. High AES 256 bit data encryption with public key advanced authentication.
Hosted on our high availability cloud, all solutions guarantee consistent super-fast performance and rock-solid reliability.
Our secure transfer plans have no file size limits or bandwidth charges, and provide an unlimited number of file transfers.
Secure transfer of data via web browser, client software and script components. Transfer files securely using FTPS, SFTP or HTTPS.
Configure Secure FTP plans with a virtually endless set of user access rights such as upload, download, delete and overwrite.
Which Option is Right for You?
|SFTP PLAN OPTIONS||SHARED||DEDICATED
|View Screenshots||-||Click to View||Click to View|
|Users and Groups|
|Full IPv6 Support|
|FTP with TLS/SSL|
|CRL and CA Support|
|PCI DSS Compliant|
|ISO 27001 Certified|
|Client Certificate Verification|
|Public Key Authentication|
|Web Account Request|
|Ad Hoc File Sharing|
|Advanced Stats and Reporting|
|Dedicated IP/Custom Domain|
|SOAP control API|
|Active Directory Integration|
|HTTP/S Web Client|
|Company Branding Support|
|Prices From||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us|
Additional Secure FTP Features
- Use Your Own Branding. Brand the web interface with your company logo and corporate colours to ensure a professional appearance. Advanced branding also available.
- Dedicated IP with Custom Domain. Dedicated IP support allows you to use your own domain to connect to your Secure FTP solution, for example http://sftp.yourcompany.com.
- Standards Compliant. Plans adhere to the data protection act, meet all requirements for HIPAA & FIPS compliance and will pass PCI DSS scans. Hyve is fully ISO 27001 certified.
- Advanced Authentication. Prevent unauthorised data access by adding Private/Public Key authentication to any Secure FTP solution.
- Comprehensive Logging & Tracking. Comprehensive logging, tracking and reporting is available for access investigation and analysis. Logs can be exported to Excel spreadsheet.
- Managed Backups. Fully managed backups with unlimited restores are included with all standard solutions. Advanced backup schedules are available for dedicated server solutions.
- Automated Notifications. Configure your own email notifications to be sent when specified events are triggered, such as completed file transfers into a given folder.
- 24x7x365 Support. All calls are routed directly through to our expert support teams. 'Extra Mile' is our commitment to go a step further to assist our clients. Support is available each and every day of the year.
Secure FTP Compatible Protocols
Our Secure FTP solutions are compatible with the following protocols using the ports listed. Port 21 (FTP) & Port 80 (HTTP) are blocked by default at both server and firewall level to prevent unsecured access.
|FTPS||FTP over SSL||Port 990|
|SFTP||SSH File Transfer Protocol/FTP over SSH||Port 22|
|HTTPS||SSL/Secure File Transfer via Web Browser||Port 443|
Advanced Public Key Authentication
Public key authentication is a secure way to prove identity online, and is a vital part of information security technology for many companies.
Public key authentication uses computer generated numbers called 'keys'. Two keys are required - a 'private key' known only to you, and a 'public key' that can be accessed by anyone. The two keys work together, so a message encrypted with the private key can only be decrypted with the public key and vice versa.
As well as needing the correct username and password, public-key authentication requires that the user must also connect using the specific computer that the private key is installed on or authentication will fail. All Secure FTP hosting solutions from Hyve support public-key authentication to provide this additional layer of security.
SFTP Transfer Process Examples
There are two mains methods of transferring data securely; HTTPS using any recent web browser or SFTP/FTPS using software such as FileZilla or CuteFTP. The processes for both methods are described below.
Secure transfer using HTTPS
Using a web browser
- A user hits a web page on a secure channel over SSL (port 443) and logs in with their username and password;
- The browser loads the transfer client interface; the user can see all folders and files on the server in a simple easy-to-use web page;
- The user clicks 'upload' and browses the local machine for a file to upload (multiple files can be uploaded at one time). The web page then uploads the file(s) over the secure channel to the server;
- The file is stored on the server file system ready to be downloaded. The user clicks on a file and it is downloaded via the secure channel.
Secure transfer using SFTP/FTPS
Using software e.g. FIleZilla or CuteFTP
- A user launches their SFTP client software and logs in using their username and password;
- The software usually displays 2 panels; the left panel displays all files on the local machine, the right window displays all files on the server (restricted to the user's account);
- The user drags the file they want to send from the left window (user's computer) across to the right window (SFTP server). The client software uploads the file(s) securely to the server over SFTP port 22 or FTPS port 990;
- The file(s) are stored on the server file system ready for download (using the same process).
“Customer service is great – Always feel appreciated as a client, and response times are excellent.”
“Site downtime could make us look unreliable to our customers. Hyve went above and beyond the call of duty to help us set up, one weekend we booked in migration on a Sunday, and we got everything sorted so that no-one saw any drop in e-mail or the site, and it all went over seamlessly.”
“Hyve have provided timely, professional support accompanied by clear progress updates at every stage.”
“The most important element is the fact you soon get to know the team behind the support. They inspire confidence in their abilities and knowledge of the systems they support.”
“British Airways global audience means that traffic spikes can occur at any time of the day or night. Hyve's cloud platform, combined with their always available support mean that we can sleep...”
“A very friendly and highly technical team available to extend all possible help at any time. Excellent services - all issues are dealt with appropriate priority and resolved asap. I am particularly impressed by...”
“The scalability of the cloud platform allows us to cope with high spontaneous levels of demand, and we know there are always Hyve staff available to help us handle the largest influx of traffic.”
“We're extremely happy with the service Hyve provide to us. In particular, we are incredibly impressed by the professionalism, expertise, and consistently rapid response of the support team.”
“It's reassuring to know that Hyve will take care of everything server-side so we can focus on doing what we do, building the website.”
“We've been using Hyve for over a year now for a wide range of websites, all with different requirements and issues, and we've always found Hyve amazingly fast to respond, incredibly helpful, proactive...”
“My experiences with Hyve have been very good. The response time is quick so you don't spend your time on a telephone waiting. The staff are always very efficient. Thank you all for your help and patience.”
“Since moving our servers to the Hyve infrastructure I have nothing but good things to say about the levels of service received. I find the support I receive to be of excellent quality and very timely...”
“The sales and customer service support provided by Hyve is some of the best I have seen. Support tickets are responded to swiftly. Both our FTP and SFTP services have experienced 100% uptime over the last 2 years which is very impressive. Hyve provides tremendous value for money.”