USA Technical Systems Engineers
Hyve is looking for seasoned Technical Support Engineers to work on a huge and exciting variety of projects for an established British managed hosting company with offices in Brighton, UK and Venice, CA.
You’ll be providing enterprise level help to our customers
If you’re ambitious, entrepreneurial minded, hungry for success and looking for an exciting role in a lively and passionate environment, then read on:
- You’ll have a demonstrable track record of solving a wide variety of technical issues for many different types of customer
- You’ll be confident diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems
- Confident self-starter. Able to learn quickly, use your own initiative and be motivated to get the job done effectively
- Use a consultative, positive, solution-focussed mentality at all times with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Excellent team player
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of the hosting landscape (cloud, dedicated, colocation etc)
- Amazing customer service skills and ability to resolve questions efficiently, effectively and politely.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Social and outgoing and easily able to build relationships
- Perfect written and spoken English
- Windows server
- Linux server
- MySQL/MS SQL
- VMware vSphere
- VMware ESXi
- Active Directory
- Cisco / Juniper
- HP 3PAR / EVA storage arrays
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues for both our client platforms and also our own cloud platforms
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues (networking, web applications, databases, operating systems etc)
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk clients through either telephone or the myhyve ticket system within defined SLAs.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues where appropriate, to relevant internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customer questions and issues
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and update staff KB with new information where appropriate.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Assist sales with architectural designs of potential new client platforms
- Build and deploy new client servers and complex platforms as required.
- Deploy, run and manage virtual network devices such as load balancers, firewalls, IPS, WAFs, Etc.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients
- Be available for advice and support via all required means to both Hyve internal staff and to customers
You must be eligible to work in the USA for the Venice position.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, fill out the form below or you can email a covering letter explaining why you’re perfect for the job, showing examples of work and attach a recent copy of your CV to email@example.com.