← Back to main careers page
Technical Support Engineer
Job Date: 07/12/2021
Technical Support Engineer
Hyve Managed Hosting is a fully managed UK-based cloud hosting provider with a passion for technology.We pride ourselves on delivering the personal care and attention every business deserves.
Hyve are looking for Technical Support Engineers to join our growing team working in a start-up environment in the trendy North Laine area of Brighton.
You will be working on an exciting variety of projects for an established global managed hosting company with offices in the UK and USA. You will be working on a wide variety of projects ranging from websites to multi-region platforms for high profile customers deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructure globally.
Hyve have a work-hard/play-hard culture with deep technical learning, a great social scene, table tennis and 2 x Jet skis in the Marina.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues for both our client platforms and also our own cloud platforms
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues (Sans, switches, network routers, blade servers, websites and databases, networking, operating systems etc)
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk clients through either telephone or the MyHyve ticket system within defined SLA’s.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues where appropriate, to relevant internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customer questions and issues
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and update staff KB with new information where appropriate.
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Assist sales with architectural designs of potential new client platforms
- Build and deploy new client servers and complex platforms as required.
- Deploy, run and manage virtual network devices such as load balancers, firewalls, IPS, WAFs, Etc.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients
- Be available for advice and support via all required means to both Hyve internal staff and to customers
Skills & experience:
- Track record of solving a wide variety of technical issues for many different types of customer
- Confident diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems
- Confident self-starter. Able to learn quickly, use your own initiative and be motivated to get the job done effectively
- Use a consultative, positive, solution-focused mentality at all times with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Excellent team player
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of the hosting landscape (cloud, dedicated, colocation etc.)
- Knowledge of: Windows server, Linux server, IIS/Apache, MySQL/MS SQL, VMware vSphere, VMware ESXi, Loadbalancers, Active Directory, Exchange, Cisco / Juniper, HP 3PAR / EVA storage arrays, TCP/IP, DNS
- Amazing customer service skills and ability to resolve questions efficiently, effectively and politely.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Social and outgoing and easily able to build relationships
- Perfect written and spoken English
You must be eligible to work in the UK for the Brighton position.
To apply for the role please send us a cover letter explaining why you think you will be perfect for the role and your CV.
You must be able to commute comfortably to Brighton, so please confirm that in your cover letter.