← Back to main careers page
Senior Network Engineer
Job Date: 07/12/2021
Salary: £30,000-£55,000 per annum
Start date: asap
Hyve Managed Hosting is a fully managed UK-based cloud hosting provider with a passion for technology.We pride ourselves on delivering the personal care and attention every business deserves.
We are currently going through a very exciting period of global expansion and are on the search for an experienced network engineer looking for their next challenge. As Senior Network Engineer you will oversee the workflow involved in maintaining Hyve’s cloud network. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the Hyve’s network infrastructure, resolving advanced support issues, and managing junior infrastructure staff.
As Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for implementing new strategies to ensure the development of the network systems continue to improve and support our growth trajectory. We are looking for dynamic technologists to support our next generation infrastructure environment, if you think that’s you, read on.
This position will have close involvement with a large client base as well as working with the wider Hyve team to design and deploy network solutions. Working in at the Brighton based office or in our global data centre data centres to perform the configuration and installation of core or pilot sites.
- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks
- Configuring and installing networking hardware.
- Creating and implementing network security measures.
- Conducting regular network performance tests.
- Dealing with escalated network support issues.
- Drawing up network status reports.
- Principal support for data centre networking environments globally
- Support tasks related to integrations and IT architecture initiatives
- Physical data centre support, rack, stack, cabling as required.
- Responsible for periodic support of network issues and participation in scheduled down time
Skills & experience
- MUST have extensive knowledge of OSPF and BGP protocols
- MUST have extensive knowledge of Juniper MX routers, EX switches and SRX firewalls
- Experience with creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting IPSec based VPN networks
- Knowledge of IPv6
- Knowledge of VLANs, VXLANs and Layer 2
- Knowledge of VMware NSX
- Familiarity with all the main communication and routing protocols.
- 5+ years’ experience building, designing or supporting cloud-based infrastructure
- Proficient in handling multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding environment
- Fast learner – able to grasp concepts from on-the-job training
- Teamwork and internal customer skills
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- High level problem-solving and communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary with a lucrative commission scheme
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Vibrant office based in the heart of Brighton
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Regular team lunches
You must be eligible to work in the UK for this position