Cloud adoption has increased rapidly over the past five years, with Cloud services expected to exceed general IT spending by 2020. Whilst it offers many benefits to businesses, moving to a Cloud environment can often be a daunting task, which is why hosting providers should make the transition as smooth as possible.
One of the main issues with Cloud adoption is the actual migration process itself. With many providers it can be a complicated and expensive process, which is why having a well thought out migration plan is so important for businesses of all sizes.
Cloud migration is the process of moving data, applications and systems to a third party provider’s infrastructure. Migrating to the Cloud can be time-consuming if the process is not managed properly, especially if businesses do not have rollback capabilities.
A lot of Public Cloud platforms not only charge you to migrate to the Cloud but also provide very little support during the process, which often causes issues for businesses without in-house IT expertise.
Migrating to Hyve
Hyve’s expertise is backed by hundreds of successful migrations that we have completed for businesses of all sizes. We can carry out migrations around the clock, ensuring minimal disruption to websites and applications.
Hyve can migrate all systems, applications and data without any additional charges for customers. Our dedicated team of engineers manage the whole process, giving businesses peace of mind that their migration will run as smoothly as possible.
All businesses should have a migration plan in place that covers all aspects of the process.
Hyve’s High-Level Migration Plan
- Initial data dump, migrate all the website code and databases to new servers
- Get the website up and working on the new servers
- Test the site/software to make sure it all works
- Create a holding page to put up when doing the final database migration
- Set the DNS TTL for 30 seconds (or the lowest you can set it)
- Create a final maintenance window (can be anytime) in which to do the final DB dump
- Put up the holding page to freeze the database then do the final DB migration
- Check the database has migrated properly with no corruption
- Re-point the DNS to the new servers
- Website/software will then have been migrated
Get in touch with our sales team on 0800 612 2524 if you would like to discuss how Hyve can help with migrating your Cloud infrastructure.