Did you know?
70% of workers feel that offering flexible working makes a job more attractive to them
The shift to remote working
Business-critical applications and data are the technological lifeblood running through any business. Whether it is communicating with customers, processing orders, or handling sensitive financial information, employees rely on ease-of-access to their desktops to do their jobs efficiently.
Not so long ago, a corporate desktop in an office was all you needed to quickly onboard employees, but as we move through an era of digital transformation, this is no longer the case. COVID-19 has opened the eyes of both business owners and employees across the globe, showcasing the need to include remote work as an integral part of their business continuity plan.
Whilst most IT managers envision city-wide power outages, natural disasters and office-closing accidents when designing business continuity plans, today’s disruptions to business pose an entirely different threat. The pandemic has presented a much slower challenge of managing a domino-like effect of disruption, with the threat global rather than regional, and primarily centred around humans, rather than technology or the environment.
What started as a temporary disruption from the pandemic is almost certainly becoming a permanent way of working for some, with the ability to step away from a traditional in-house desktop and continue business operations on-the-go no longer a nice-to-have, but an expectation. If you want to keep up with your industry’s growing productivity requirements, it’s time to evolve into a secure digital workspace.
Download our whitepaper to learn more about:
- The new normal
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS)
- Considerations for achieving an agile workplace
More articles in Whitepapers
- Why your SME should move to the cloud
- Windows vs Linux
- Colocation vs. Cloud Hosting
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday: Are You Ready?
- Colocation: The basics
- Hyve Managed Hosting takes home Best Cloud Support Provider at the Computing Cloud Excellence Awards 2021
- What is the difference between Hybrid Cloud and Multi-Cloud?
- What is Hybrid Cloud?
- Why the healthcare sector is embracing hybrid cloud
- How can businesses use the cloud to reduce their carbon emissions?
- 3 public sector cybersecurity threats – and how to prevent them
- Why digital agencies need a managed hosting provider
- 5 ways the cloud saved education during the pandemic
- Hyve Managed Hosting wins “Company of the Year” at the Brighton and Hove Business Awards