Did you know?
70% of workers feel that offering flexible working makes a job more attractive to them
The shift to remote working
Business-critical applications and data are the technological lifeblood running through any business. Whether it is communicating with customers, processing orders, or handling sensitive financial information, employees rely on ease-of-access to their desktops to do their jobs efficiently.
Not so long ago, a corporate desktop in an office was all you needed to quickly onboard employees, but as we move through an era of digital transformation, this is no longer the case. COVID-19 has opened the eyes of both business owners and employees across the globe, showcasing the need to include remote work as an integral part of their business continuity plan.
Whilst most IT managers envision city-wide power outages, natural disasters and office-closing accidents when designing business continuity plans, today’s disruptions to business pose an entirely different threat. The pandemic has presented a much slower challenge of managing a domino-like effect of disruption, with the threat global rather than regional, and primarily centred around humans, rather than technology or the environment.
What started as a temporary disruption from the pandemic is almost certainly becoming a permanent way of working for some, with the ability to step away from a traditional in-house desktop and continue business operations on-the-go no longer a nice-to-have, but an expectation. If you want to keep up with your industry’s growing productivity requirements, it’s time to evolve into a secure digital workspace.
Download our whitepaper to learn more about:
- The new normal
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS)
- Considerations for achieving an agile workplace
More articles in Remote Working
- Is it about time the insurance sector embraced the cloud?
- The importance of ISO 27001
- Cloud Security: An Essential Guide
- On premise vs. the cloud: What is the future for the financial sector?
- Is your hosting provider solving your big data problems?
- Is the Middle East cloud market set for rapid growth?
- Hyve Managed Hosting is named by The Sunday Times as one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK
- Can the cloud lead the way on tackling climate change?
- Jon Lucas of Hyve Managed Hosting: 5 Things You Need To Know To Create a Successful App or SaaS
- Is managed private cloud the future?
- World Backup Day 2021
- What is Private Cloud?
- Why accreditations matter when choosing a hosting provider
- 3 reasons to consider the location of your data
- Is London the new Silicon Valley?
- What is HPC and who uses it?